Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fun in the Sun

What a week!!

We blogged about Monday already.... we went from an exciting, action-packed weekend to an exciting, fun-filled week followed by another exciting, jam-packed weekend. Then we crashed.

Tuesday night Kris, Barbi, and kids came to town. We also got our river rock delivered and finished the dry washes with the help of our neighbor Steve and Kris and Barbi. (All we have left is sod!!)

Wednesday we had a spaghetti bonanza. Thursday we went to the new city water park where they have a splash pad and a St. George style lazy river. Kwint and Tam met us for lunch, since they were working while the rest of us played all week. I will definitely be taking the boys there at least once a week this summer.

Friday we went swimming in the day and "camping" in the evening. Most of you know how much I despise camping. However, I have fond memories of it as a child and do not want to deprive Kwint (loves camping) or the kids of it, so I made the foolish mistake of telling Kwint "I'd like to try to ease my way back into camping once in awhile." He thought he would blab to our friends "Gina wants to go camping!!" We decided on a slow, easy, work-back-in plan. The first installment was Friday night. Kris, Talan, and Saige accompanied us on a "trip" to Cedar Pocket with our friends, the Schencks and the Jenkins.

We made foil dinners on a fire pit, played in a nearby river, and roasted marshmallows for S'mores. We had so much fun. We love our friends and it was great to laugh and play together. The kids all had a blast. They chased ants and got soaking wet in the river. We planned on "wading" which quickly became swimming. Then, the best part... we came home, took baths, and went to sleep in our beds. My kind of camping!!



Saturday we spent the day at the lake. We took turns going out on the boat and playing on the beach. (Below is not a picture of Dave's boat, it is the guy's next to us on the beach. Dave's boat is way cooler, it is orange and black.) Kwint wakeboarded and took a turn on the wake skate. The kids knee boarded- Kaeleb went out for the first time, with Aunt Tammy behind him. We were so proud of him. I think his favorite part was the "speeder boat" Saige pushed him around in.
We got very sandy, sun-burned and tired, but all in the name of a good time.

Saturday night we attended Sadie's dance performance with Premier Dance Company. We were so proud of her, both Kwint and I welled up with tears watching her dance. Someday we'll have our own daughter and keep Kleenex in business.

Sunday morning we got up early to go to McKay's baby blessing, which was very sweet and tender, and by then we could see that our little Kaeleb was maxed out in the action department. By the early evening he had a fever. He was dehydrated from being in the heat so much all weekend and he was so busy playing that he didn't stop to drink much. After much coaxing from Tam and I (and bribes of fruit snacks) he drank a cup of Kool-Aid and began to perk up. At home we sat him down to watch Little Einsteins with 4 sippy cups full of juice, milk, and two kinds of water (as per his request-one with ice and one without). He was much better by bedtime. We love our Kaeleb.

Bren is adding new words to his baby-vocab. He says "Na-Nah." Which means "Night-night.", when he is tired. It took me two weeks to figure out what he was saying. I thought he wanted a banana. He also says "done." when eating, which is nice. It cuts back on the crying when they start talking, although he isn't any less loud. He loves to hear himself scream just to scream. Happy, high-pitched screams, but screams nonetheless.

Brennan's favorite game is to "get" Mama, Dada, or Bub-bub. If we are sitting or laying on the floor he crawls up behind us, climbs up to standing (using us for support he loses the element of surprise, but he doesn't know that we know he is there.) then he screams and launches himself onto us and puts whatever body part of ours he can find into his mouth.

We are looking forward to a nice, slow paced normal week. Whatever normal is.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh summer, it sounds like you have been having a good time. I am with you on the camping-day trips are great, sleeping in the tent a whole different story. So fun to hang out with family and enjoy the nice weather. We need to come visit!

Trent Packer said...

Sounds like you guys really like living down in St. George. Are you going to come this way soon. If so give us a ring.

Anda said...

gina, i loved reading your post! I thought camping was SO fun, we need to do it again, so relaxing and was fun with everyone:) and by the way, when you are talking about a normal week, when you find out what normal is, will you let me know? he he

just dandee said...

What fun week! So many good times. I can't wait to hopefully see you this weekend. I feel like I have been horrible at keeping in touch and I miss you. Kelly mentioned trying to get to together maybe Friday night if you are available. Please give me a call.