Sunday, June 22, 2008

We have grass!

I didn't take any pictures this week...boring.... but I wanted to write a quick note anyway, by way of journaling for posterity's sake.... I never have time to write in my personal journal, so this has to count.

We have officially finished our front yard. On Friday we laid the sod. It was 105 degrees. Kaeleb was in charge of hosing us off when we got too hot. It looks great and we are so happy. It only took us 4 months to do the yard, which means we are definitely hiring someone for the back yard next year.

A few things we want to remember from this weekend are: a fun dinner at Nathan and Mary Lynne's (McKay is getting rounder and is a sweet little baby), finally getting the garage swept out on Saturday (Howie shed ginormous furballs all over it), going to the temple with Tam and Dave while the girls babysat (We thought Bren was outgrowing his intense separation anxiety.... nope. There were tears beyond tears and I had to hold him for an hour after we got home.), and we had a nice visit tonight with our friends, the Frisbey's. They have a little miracle baby (Wow- our friends and their sweet miracle babies- it has been a good year for that.) Karmindy was born with a pinched aorta and two holes in her heart. She had surgery at just a few days old and they spent 3 weeks at Primary Children's. She is home now, healthy and oh, so beautiful!

Kaeleb is growing up so fast. He is learning to communicate at a more sophisticated level about his feelings. He is trying really hard to show us how he feels and the love in our family has grown over just the past 2 days. We love that little guy so much. I watched him walk away into another room today and he looked so grown up. I felt a sense of awe and gratitude for the person he is. I envisioned myself watching him walk into his teenage years and beyond and wondered how I will feel. (Besides old.)

Brennan is standing for longer periods of time and attempted a step yesterday while the girls were babysitting. He is still fixated on the word "Wow". He also said "Uh-oh" yesterday. He is a unique, spirited little guy. During our Primary class today we were trying to get the kids to settle down and after shushing them for awhile we realized it wasn't them making all the noise, it was Brennan.


This week we will be getting ready for a McDaniel Family Reunion in Midway. We are looking forward to seeing my Mom, Gerritt, Melissa and the cousins on that side of the family and it sounds like there are some fun things on the agenda.... and of course it is always a "treat" to hang out with 80 people we have never met and listen to them reminisce about the days of yesteryear. We will grin and bear it.

3 comments:

just dandee said...

Hooray for grass! Nothing much better than that! Brennan is amazing. Tate has just started figuring out how to "move". He scoots on his bum and sometimes on his tummy. Who knows, maybe he will surprise us all and actually crawl! Miss you.

Unknown said...

I bet your yard looks great! Don't kids grow up too fast. Hope your family had a great weekend in Midway, I have an ever exciting family reunion to look forward to coming up in July...

just dandee said...

So how was your reunion in Midway? We happened to be up at Kris & Barbi's for Krystal's b-day party and were excited to find that you were only a hop, skip and jump away AND that you might make it over to their place. So sad you couldn't make it. Missed you.