First of all, Kaeleb has outgrown his bike. We made him a deal that if he did extra jobs around the house for a while, he could earn a new, bigger one. We told Bren that he could earn Kaeleb's old bike if he helped. (Ha! We tricked the kid into working for a hand me down!) So, they have worked very hard, which has been easy with the move, and yesterday they took their first spin on the new bikes. Kaeleb was so excited and happy that he rode two whole miles!
Stay tuned next week for pictures of Kwint's new wheels... The last two times we have moved into a new house we have also bought a new car and had a baby. No, this is not an announcement, I am not pregnant, but we are buying a new car tomorrow. We have been planning on it anyway, because the Saturn is not the car for driving to Park city or up and down Parley's canyon in the winter. We would have waited, but the AC in the Saturn went out and we didn't want to pay to fix a car we were not going to keep anyway. We went car shopping on Friday and put money down on a Dodge Nitro, which we pick up tomorrow at 4pm. Sometimes I wonder about us and why we add stress during stressful times, but hey, it is tradition.
Yesterday we went to Kris and Barbi's for a 24th BBQ and fireworks. The boys (meaning Kris and Kwint) had soooo much fun with fireworks. The kids were very happy as well. The all time faves were the dinosaurs that shoot fire out their mouths and then backs and then feet, as well as some big displays that were surprisingly pretty for being ground fireworks.
I know this is not a cute picture of me, but I had to include it because I am wearing a sweater. On July 24th. I am so acclimated to St. George. Winter will be a shock to my system I am sure. This should be fun.
In this one, they are waiting for a parachute to fall. They loved them! They launched so many parachutes and ran all over the neighborhood to catch them, including the neighbor's roof.
For some reason, Kwint and I go ga ga over the back of our kids' heads. We love nothing as much as the way we feel when we look at them together, even the backs of their heads.
We are so blessed by the sacrifices the Pioneers made for us. I truly cannot imagine crossing the plains. I know I am far too wimpy to have survived and know that the Lord knows me well to have placed me here today, but I respect and revere the brave souls who made Utah what it is today. Even though I was not raised here, my mom was, and I would not be who I am were it not for her ancestors paving the way.
Today would have been my Dad's 56th birthday and I can't post without paying tribute to my Daddy. Love him forever, miss him for now.

2 comments:
How Fun! That is funny about the sweatshirt!!
You're killing me with a sweatshirt in July. I bet you will freeze this first winter. This is the first summer that I have not felt total hideous feelings towards the heat. I still hate it but all this winter I put "deposits" in my hatred of St. George summer weather account and now I am making withdrawls by reminding myself of how great mild winters are.
We sure miss you!
And the pie came from Heather Buzzbee...she is still my sweet visiting teacher.
Congrats on the new car...and there is no shame in having (only)two kids.
Post a Comment