On Friday Kwint and his parents drove down to St. George and spent the evening loading the U-Haul. My sweet hubby worked so hard and so many friends and family came to help. Our well trained EQ buddies packed it all in good and tight in just a few short hours in the blistering heat. We were so thankful for all the friends and family who came to our service! On our own, we could never have done it... especially on the hottest day of the year thus far down there. I was sad that I stayed behind, but I had to be here so that good ol' RC Willey could drop off the fridge and microwave.
The boys and I came up to Heber Friday night (the 16th)and had a little slumber party on the floor. It was not as fun as I thought it sounded. Kaeleb didn't fall asleep until 11:30pm because he did not like not having a bed and he forgot his suddenly very precious teddy bear-- even though he had his Buddly Lou, the Green Lantern, his Monkey AND his furry bear-- poor baby bear was left all alone at Grandma's house. As soon as he fell asleep Brennan woke up and cried "Where is my Daddy? My legs hurt! I don't like this floor! I want my bed!" He was up until 2:30.
We didn't get bored or lonely waiting for the truck though. Shelley came and brought us food, in "you get to keep these as housewarming gifts" containers. I got a double crock pot, a new cooler and three Pyrex casserole dishes. WOW! She is my favorite adopted sister. After she left, Paul and July brought a truckload of things from Layton. (I accumulated a few large items while we stayed there, planning ahead, you know?) It was fun to talk to them and share our food. Not long after they left, the big truck finally arrived and the chaos commenced. The EQ here showed up bringing a few strong men with jovial attitudes, for whom we are truly grateful.
We went to bed tired that night. This picture is the chaos that resulted from speedy unpacking. For FHE we broke down boxes and to take to the recycling center.
Now, 8 days later, with not a box left in the house, here are a few shots of our home. (Just don't ask about the boxes in the garage or the basement. That is a party for another day.)
This is the bunk bed Kaeleb earned by being brave and going to bed on his own. We are so proud of our little guy!
We love Heber! Everyone we have met is super nice. The post office guy, the city people, the trash company, our new bug guys, and wowsers-- our neighbors! We are completely surrounded by nice people with kids the same ages as ours. We are so thankful and excited to get to know everyone.
Our ward is wonderful so far. We have been very welcomed. It is huge and will probably split soon as they are receiving one to two new move ins every week. We don't feel like we stand out too much because everyone else is new too.
So, halfway through Gospel Doctrine a man made a comment, and when I turned to look at him it was none other than Michael McLean. I totally stared because I was telling myself it couldn't be him, but he has one of those unmistakable hair do's, if not faces. I decided I would rather not introduce myself, although I have met him before and sang in a back up choir at one of his concerts many years ago, I felt a teensy bit awkward. Who'd have thought that Michael McLean would be in my ward? I am still weirded out.
We also have had a lot of fun with Kris and Barbi and their kids. It is always an instant party to have family close by. We are excited for this new chapter in our lives. And tired. Definitely tired.

4 comments:
Hooray for moving! Your house looks great. I'm sure you'll appreciate it even more when you're all settled in.
CONGRATS! House looks great!!! Wow, Michael McLean-definitely unexpected.
YAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys! I LOVE your couch and loveseat....yeah, great minds think alike, I have the EXACT SAME SET!!! They are easy to clean too. Especially the cushions. Unzip them, pull the covers off, throw them in your washer on the hand was cycle, then throw them in your dryer on the air tumble set, and in less than 45 minutes, you have a nice and clean couch. And, it doesn't hurt the fabric/microfiber at all. Needless to say, you will LOVE them!
Your house already looks like a nice, fun and cozy home. Here's to us getting into our home...hopefully this week we will get the keys. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Your house looks pretty put together to me. I'm not surprised that your pictures are all hung. I'm glad that you get to enjoy your new couches again. It was great to see Kwint and are so glad he stayed with us. It made me miss you even more. If we have some time, maybe we'll take a detour on our way home next week from Idaho to see you.
This could be your big break---with Michael McLean in your ward! :)
Post a Comment