Monday, April 6, 2009

All in a Day's Work...


You all gave me so much good advice about Kaeleb (we are sending him, by the way.) that I decided to see what you think about this one....

(actually, I am just venting)

Does anyone else have a kid like Brennan? If so, I would like to hear your survival techniques.

Just today, since breakfast, Brennan has, in chronological order:
-Dumped a plate of waffles on the floor
-Hit his brother over the head with a baseball and toy sword
-Crumbled a granola bar all over the living room floor
-Threw a whole plate of spaghetti (with one calculated inch width distance between noodles)across the entire dining room
-Wrote all over his hands with marker (but at least not the walls this time)
-Threw several fits about random things
-Dumped a can of mandarin oranges on the kitchen floor (still sticky)
-Smashed banana bread (butter side down)on top of his head
-Sprayed Windex through the hallway
-Emptied a garbage can (at least it was the small one in the laundry room)
-Dumped a laundry basket of clean clothes
-Put a sock in the FISH TANK and splashed FISH WATER all over Kaeleb's room
-Cracked an EGG-- yes, a raw one-- on my very absorbent COUCH
AND
-got his head stuck in my desk chair as I wrote this.

Yes, all in a day's work my friends... but it's only 6pm... the night is young.

When all is said and done, though, I look at his sneaky little grin and all I can do is love him. I have never stayed mad at him longer than it took me to look into his eyes.

8 comments:

Heather Vincent said...

Oh my goodness, you poor mom! I thought Hunter was a little stinker. Hunter may be busy, but he doesn't do naughty things like that. When Hunter does naughty things and time out doesn't work, my doctor avised me to hold him on my lap with his arms folded and hold him til he stops kicking a screaming and then tell him what he did wrong. It usually works. Also try watching Super Nanny on ABC on Friday nights....she has some great tips that I have used with Hunter and they are affective.

kelli said...

Girl, I hate to tell you this, but that is just a normal boy! I could write pages and pages about Ethan.

Rachel said...

Oh wow, is this what we're in for with Calvin? Awesome! ;) Actually, I'm always telling my kids - and, well, really myself mostly - that a mess is okay as long as it's a *fabulous* mess (the definition of which is flexible, depending on my mood). Sounds like you have a lot of those on your hands!

Tom Kemp said...

We love these stories! Seems like Brennan was having a slow day. Doesn't he normally get that done before 10 am?

Love Mom and Dad Kemp

just dandee said...

Love it. That is a very busy day. But I am with Kelli on this one... he really is just a normal little guy. Every kid is different as you are finding with your two boys. But I think you nailed it when you said "All you can do is love him". That is usually the best defense. Hang in there.
Miss you guys too.

Anda said...

That little guy makes me laugh, so cute! I know you don't think it's cute, but when you read this blog in a month (maybe a year) you'll laugh about this:) It was nice talking to ya for a bit the other day. Love you! p.s.-I think it's just a boy thing!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is pretty amazing. I guess at that point you just have to start laughing so you don't cry. I am really enjoying Estella while she is still pretty immobile.

Ann T. said...

He sounds like a normal boy. Jackson does the same things. When he is full, or doesn't like something, he stuffs half of it down in the high chair so you can't see it, then throws the rest on the floor. He and Ryan fight over the same toys, and one of them ends up crying because the other one hit, threw something, or took away what he wanted. That year difference in their ages only show through in their abilities to sit still longer.
Dora's Maclay has had to be taken out of nursery for throwing, hitting, and biting, and he is just a tiny bit older than Brennan.
Laughing helps to keep you from crying.
Love Aunt Ann