Has anyone who lives by me had a book made of your blogs? If so, I want to see them. I am contemplating making ours into books because I seem to have lost the "umph" for writing in a personal journal. I filled book after book from high school through my pregnancy with Kaeleb, but since I became a mother it has been hit and miss. Ironic, isn't it? The time in my life that I most want to remember is now, watching my children grow and discover this world... and I am too tired to write it down. I forgot yesterday already!
So, if I can at least get a blog out there once a week with a couple good stories, maybe it will do. I may not capture all the feelings of my heart, but maybe that is ok. I don't want to remember how tired I always am and how often I feel like I have no control over my own life or how irritated I was this morning when Kaeleb and Brennan were chasing each other around with toy shovels and plastic guns, screaming wildly (not play screams-- these were "I want to seriously, truly MAIM you because I can't stand the sight of you anymore" screams).... but I DO want to remember how cute they were playing at the park this morning.
We went early, because it is getting too hot for me already in the middle of the day. I am a wimp, I have accepted that. We were the only ones there. The birds were singing and the trees were so pretty in the early sun with the bright colors of their spring leaves. Kaeleb commented, "Wow Mom, isn't it so nice and peaceful?" I sat and watched them play, wishing it could last all day. But... I had to get a safety inspection on the car...
I also want to remember last night's FHE lesson, which was on being thankful. We asked Kaeleb what he was thankful for and the first thing he said was "I am thankful that Heavenly Father gave me Brenny and that he is so sweet."
Kaeleb is doing great. I registered him for Kindergarten last week and we attended the Kindergarten Round Up. I am glad we chose to register him. When they explained the assessment test they give I realized just how ready he is. The only thing he won't do yet is write his name in lower case letters. But we have all summer to work on it.
He got Lego Indiana Jones and is now as obsessed with it as he was with Star Wars. We do, of course, limit his play time and he only plays with Kwint on certain days, but when he pretends during the day, he runs around the house with Luke, Ben, and Indiana now. Bad guys don't make it far here.
Bren is talking like crazy. We are starting to realize that he is not a baby anymore. I asked him last week, "Are you a baby or a big boy?" He smiled and patted his chest, saying "Beeg bow!" However, when he wanted a bottle (I am trying to wean him)I told him that bottles are for babies. "I thought you were a big boy." I said. He patted his chest and said "Baby!"
He tries out every word he hears. In fact, today I was trying unsuccessfully to clip a silk flower stem which was super thick. I said "What the heck is this flower made of, anyway?" I left the room but heard Brenny behind me saying "Heck! Heck! Heck!" Nothing gets past these little guys. It is a good thing I don't swear.
I am glad that he is communicating better. Now when he throws a fit it's not just incomprehensible screaming, he screams real things. For example, last night, when I pulled him in the house after helping Daddy wash the cars. I was going to give the soaked kids a warmer shower, and he protested, "NO! NO PANTS! AH WANNA WASH! AH WANT CAR! NO BATH! NO PANTS! DADDY! AH WANT DADDY!" It is easier when we can talk things through.
My days are full of much to remember and I won't remember much of it, but hopefully I will remember the important stuff.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I know I don't live by you (drat!) but for what it's worth ... I'm totally doing the blog-to-book thing, just as soon as I can find the time (ha!). I think it's just a really really good idea. I downloaded the software from Blurb books, and it's super easy to use. I don't know about anybody else, though ...
Yes! I have completed a blog book through www.scrapbookblogger. com but I am currently having a hard time getting my order to go through and NO ONE IS HELPING ME! I do know that Kelli did her blog through them and had success with it however.
There is another site that I am planning to try if the first one does not work. It is called www.blog2print.com.
I think blogging is a wonderful way to keep a record of life and if we can get them printed into books.... even better!
Oh and I checked out Blurb and it said they no longer accepted from blogger!
Anyway, good luck and let me know if you have success!
I did get mine made into a book, like deanne said. The pictures are really small though, and it does take some time to get the pages how you want them. Next year I am going to do the www.blog2print.com. My friend did it, and she liked it, it also prints the comments.
I haven't done it yet, but I want to eventually too. Just wanted to say how jealous I am that Brennan is talking! Abby isn't a big fan yet, so I've startes with sign language because I can't stand the tantrums and screaming! AHHH. (Late talking runs in my family so I guess I'll just have to deal.)
Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment