Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Little Talker

Brennan and Mama


There hasn't been too much in the way of excitement around here lately, unless you count the worldwide panic over the swine flu. We are aiming to keep that in perspective.... on one hand, it's just a flu, right? On the other.... ugh.

We are having so much fun watching our boys grow up. Brenny has been changing so fast and is getting so big!! Our baby is a big boy! If we didn't have such an aversion to me being pregnant we would be baby hungry.

Bren has decided to go ahead and speak in sentences. They are short, but we have had some actual conversations. For example, tonight Kwint and the boys were waiting in a parking lot while I ran in to pick up a quick item. Bren said "Mommy go?" Kwint said "She will be right back." Bren asked "When?" We didn't know he knew that word.

It is always fun to hear what toddlers come up with for words. Brennan says "wongy" when he's hungry-- it took us forever to figure that one out-- and asks for "daburs dandy" (starburst candy)or "boo suck-errr" (blue sucker). Then he either says "Dink yooou" or "dinks".

He has been tattling on big brother lately, though if Kaeleb hurts him it is usually because Bren has antagonized him. :-) He will come to me crying and say "Budda push me!" or "Budda bonk me!" Tonight he said "Budda puh Hair!" One day this week Brennan ran into something and hurt himself, so he came to me crying and said "Me push me!" So cute. I usually say "Do you need a kiss?" He will stop crying and say "Diss? Uh-huh!" and then "Dinks." and go on his merry way. He is such a fun, playful little person.

Kaeleb is awesome, as usual. One funny little Kaeleb story that made me smile happened on Monday. He and a friend were playing that they were pirates and arguing about whether pirates used guns, swords, or both. Kaeleb finally settled it by saying "We will just have to ask my Grandpa because he LOVES pirates."

So, like I said, not too much, but sometimes a boring week is better than a crazy one.

4 comments:

Heather Vincent said...

Oh my word, I can't believe how BIG Brennan is! Such a cute little boy! That's awesome that he is already speakig short sentence...Hunter is just barely starting that. We found out he is slow in speaking because he needs glasses and will need them for the rest of his life. Kind of sad, but now that we caught the problem he should start talking up a storm...I can't WAIT for that! Really!

just dandee said...

Oh Brenn sounds so incredibly cute. Dan and I do love this age. Tate is always keeping us laughing. I am anxious to hear the verdict on sword or guns. Maybe I should just call the pirate loving grandpa myself.

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

The answer is both.

Ann T. said...

Gina, they are darling. For some reason Ryan quit talking when Jackson was about 6 months old (he would have been 18 month old). They are now learning to talk together. The words they come up with are so cute. Jackson says "Tanks" and Ryan says "Sanks". I am glad he is talking again. I was concerned, but the pediatrician told Marian not to worry about it. Maclay says lots of words too. They all 3 LOVED Disneyland and lots of new words have come out since we got back.