Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Prep

Shopping, wrapping, singing, mailing.... ah, the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is upon us and we are having fun. We are officially (almost) finished shopping and well into the string of work, church and family parties which fill the month of December. Kaeleb is keeping a careful tally on how many days until Christmas and the kids are pretty excited. I think Kwint and I are even more excited. It is soooo fun to be the parents and experience the magic of giving. It's also nice to have a bit of leverage in the discipline department... "Don't you dare touch that... the elves are watching!" Here are a few candids from the week!




(The Kirby guy came and cleaned our carpet in an effort to sell us a 2500 dollar vacuum. This was the result. I appreciate my clean carpet, but I did not buy the vacuum, as tempted as I was.)

We worked hard all week, and had a really fun weekend. Friday night was the Christmas Party for the Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge. We had soooo much fun!! We left the boys with one of the two babysitters they like and headed off to wait in a frigid (yes, it was actually frigid here) parking lot to get organized in to teams where we departed off to a scavenger hunt of sorts. By sorts, I mean, they gave us clues that led us to 4 different stores where they gave us gift cards and sent us shopping. Huh? Wow! They were so generous and kind-- we were totally not expecting to go shopping, and it was fun because it was a race. There were about a hundred of us running through Best Buy and the mall and people were laughing at us. One of the employees was asked by a shopper "Are you from around here? I'm from out of town... and I just wondered, why is everyone running?"

We all met at a hotel for dinner and then played some silly games. Fitness Ridge is a great organization and we have come to love the people there. They went all out with the games and worked really hard to make sure everyone was having fun. We blew up balloons and shoved them into the legs of pantyhose, decorated human Christmas trees (of which, I was one-- not so fun as real trees-- hard to breathe while wrapped in paper), and we watched candles burn down through balls of ice cream.

On Saturday we shopped all day and spent the evening with our friends. We went to Olive Garden for Mary Lynne's birthday and watched a Christmas movie. We love our friends so much.

My brain is so full of all the Christmas prep yet to do... but instead I am sitting around watching "Santa Baby 2"

2 comments:

Heather Vincent said...

I LOVE your family picture! The boys are getting SOOOO BIG. They look so different from when we saw them.
Don't you just LOVE the Christmas season? It is my most favorite. I love the smells, the lights, the nativities, the ornaments, how excited children get, and last but not least, the birth of Christ.
After living up here for a year and a half, I FINALLY met your cousin Melinda. She is a super sweet girl. At church today I finally had the opportunity to talk to her. She was VT companions with the lady who owns or used to own the house we live in (the lady's house we live in died a couple months ago).
Are you guys still in the same house? It looks a little different in the pictures you have posted. I hope all is well.

dorine said...

So you glad you enjoying the Christmas season. So are we! The boys must be going crazy waiting for the big day!