Gina and Mary Lynne
Brennan and Kwint
Kaeleb, McKay, and Nathan
Afterward, we came to our house for hot chocolate and you will never believe who knocked on our door!!
Kaeleb and Santa!
Nathan, McKay and Santa.
What a fun thing to have happen! Brennan fell asleep on the way home and if you know anything about Brenny's wacky sleeping habits you will understand why we did not wake him up for the big Ho, Ho, Ho event. He may use it against us later in his life, but someday he will have a son like himself and understand.
We spent last weekend at Grandpa and Grandma Kemp's. I forgot the camera so I will insert pics later when Gpa emails them to me cuz we had some serious fun!! Kwint went snowboarding with Kris and 3 of our cute nieces, and the boys and I built a snowman, a snow fort, and had a snowball fight. Oh, the fun!!! (What I will not talk about is the disaster of a shopping trip getting the boys outfitted for snow play. Let's just say that everyone in Layton had a good earful of just how mean a mom I am and just how naughty my boys can be. Luckily, we all redeemed ourselves in the nick of time before Santa rescinded Christmas for the whole lot of us.)
Parenting is not always peachy. Mostly not peachy. I always hesitate to write anything negative in my blogs, because who wants to read about that? But I use it for a journal because I never have time to write in a personal journal and if I don't at least allude to the difficulty, I will, on some future day, forget all the reasons for the mental and emotional breakdowns and wonder why I used to be so crazy and grumpy.
Saturday night at Grandma's we had a serious party. Well, not serious, it was actually quite silly. We celebrated the 5 December birthdays in our family (Tam, Coby, Dave, Kwint, and Jaiden, in that order)and had a little cousin to cousin gift exchange. It was really, really fun. Brennan got a punching bag from Romalyn. Oh, man, was that ever the most "fwavowite" thing he has ever received! Kaeleb and Talan both got the same thing from their cousins- a space police lego kit. Kaeleb was yelling "It's what I wanted! It's what I wanted! How did they know? How did they know!" Oh, what fun!
The boys keep saying the funniest things, and I keep forgetting to write them down. I will at least jot down a couple, but I know I am forgetting some really good ones...
We have been listening to a lot of Christmas music and Brennan has been singing all the songs in medley form, such as "Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way to the winter wonderland and Fwosty the Snowman and Wudolph the Wed-nosed Weindeer are baby it's cold outside!" He is sooo funny. He loves the song "Santa Baby" and has started calling Kaeleb "Budder Baby" all the time.
Kwint got a stuffed Yoda from his parents and Brenny was playing with it. I said "Brennan, Yoda likes to say "Do or do not, there is no try." Then, I heard him pretending with Yoda and saying "Der is no twy. I tan't twy! I tan't twy! I just wanna twy and I tan't!!" (I love the way he talks- he says T for the C,K sound- ie, Taeleb, Tutumber, Tan't" and D for the G sound- I dot it!, do away, I want a piece of dum, etc.)
Today's funny quote of the day tops the cake, though. We had Brennan's playgroup at our house this morning. Kaeleb is on winter break, so he was the ring leader of this big group of toddlers. The boys were all sword fighting and had ganged up on Brennan (a little taste of his own medicine, I'd say) and Bren was getting really mad. My friend went to check on them and said she saw Brennan sitting on his knees with his fists clenched and then she heard Kaeleb say, "Watch out guys, when you see his ears turn red it means he's GONNA BLOW!" The moms all got a good laugh out of that one.
More will come tomorrow... Happy almost 32 years to my sweetie tomorrow!!

1 comment:
They do say the cutest things. Jackson turns things around. For instance, McQueen (ie Lightning McQueen)is "aamee" and his latest phrase is "Oh man".
Love you
Merry Christmas
Post a Comment