This month has been a flurry already. I don't want it to pass me by without cataloging a few events.
Hmmm..... Well, the flurry left me blank.
First of all, the snow melted. It has been a very warm December and we are feeling a bit jipped. We waited 7 years for a white Christmas and will not be satisfied with anything less.
Midway does a Nativity set show. We saw hundreds of different Nativity sets from all around the world. I took about a hundred pictures. I will post some soon when I am not too lazy to go downstairs and get my camera.
Kwint's dad had hip replacement surgery a week ago, so we have been down to visit, assist, and cheer him up a few times.
I sang "Mary, Did You Know" for our RS Christmas party last night. It was a very neat experience-- There were 6 women who portrayed Mary's mother, Joseph's mother, the Innkeepers wife, a shepherd's wife, Elizabeth, and Mary. There were 3 musical numbers including mine, Breath of Heaven (love it) and Mary's Lullaby (not the Primary song, but the "you are a king, but tonight you are mine," one, which is gorgeous.) The whole program was based around the testimonies of these women that the baby Jesus was their promised Messiah and the musical numbers were so powerful. I was very thankful to have participated.
The boys have been sick yet again and that means.... NO SLEEP FOR MOM. (And not much for dad, either.) Wednesday Brennan woke up at 3am with a fever and wouldn't go back to sleep until 11am. Just when I thought I would get my own nap, the phone rang and a timid little Kaeleb voice said, "Mom? I just barfed in the lunchroom." Fun times. So, I packed Brenny up in a blanket in his PJ's with bedhead and went to pick him up. At least I didn't have to clean it up!!
Kaeleb came home yesterday all excited because Santa visited them at school. He gave them goody bags and they got to sit on his lap. I was very proud of Kaeleb-- he came home and voluntarily split his goody bag in half with Brennan. Atta boy!
Brennan and I had a cute conversation this week. Over lunch he asked "Where is Daddy?" I said "He's at work in Park City." He asked why he wasn't working at home. I answered that there were people he needed to meet with in PC. He asked "Do they have problems?" I said "Yes, and Daddy helps them decide what to do about their problems." He replied, "Yeah, he helps them get rid of their gratitudes." (attitudes) It was so funny!
Next week is a big party week, beginning with Kaeleb's class party on Tuesday afternoon. I am in charge of a gingerbread story and house project, which I am very excited about. I have decided that I really like kids. Not that I didn't before, but I am loving my nursery calling and volunteering so much!! Maybe having children opens our eyes to just how cute they really are.
So, the big day is 8 days away.... 8 days with at least 5 parties. Get ready for fun!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment