Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let it Snow!

The First Snow!
Right around Thanksgiving we had our first snow... (Not counting the time it snowed for a day in October). We were pretty excited! Then, sadly, it melted and warmed up for nearly all of December. "Strange weather for Heber," we thought. We were under the impression that we would be snowed in from October to April.... We were beginning to feel frustrated. After all, we waited 7 years in the desert for a White Christmas and were wondering if we would be jipped.


And then we woke up this morning....

The Real Snow.
I was planning on cleaning my house this morning. The toilets haven't been scrubbed for almost 2 weeks-- you who know me well will be shocked-- it is vile, I agree. Unfortunately, I spent the ENTIRE morning shoveling the driveway so I could drive to Kaeleb's school Christmas party after lunch. The snow you see here is all after Kwint shoveled his way out of two feet of snow on the driveway before work. The worst of it was that when the city plowed our street they pushed all the snow into a pile blocking the driveway. So, while the road was nicely plowed, I had no way of GETTING TO IT. I dug myself a crevice just big enough to slide my car through. Don't misread me though, WE LOVE IT!! We bought a little snowboard and both boys have amazed us with their mad skills on the slopes. (The park by our house has a 10 foot slope they have mastered!) We also love how pretty the Winter Wonderland is!

This is a fun little pizza place in Midway... It was a happy night & I just want to remember it. :)

Here is still tiny but ever growing niece, Baby Gracie with her big sis Bailee. What a cute baby! We went to see the girls dance in their Christmas program and loved it. I am so happy to have nieces!! I get my fill of girly things amidst all the pirates, knights, and dinosaurs at my house.

No comments: