Sunday, May 2, 2010

Goodbye is never easy


Yesterday we drove out of this driveway for the last time...
I went for a walk early in the morning, listening to the birds, feeling the sunshine on my back and reflecting on our 7 years in St. George.

I am so grateful that the Lord brought us to Dixie. I realize now that His hand was in every step we have taken and I am amazed at our growth and our blessings. We have faced many challenges and learned lessons we could not have learned anywhere else from any other group of people than those we associated with in St. George.

Miracles of miracles that He knows us all, individually, well enough to give us what we need even if we don't know it is what we need.

As I walked, I thought to myself, "It feels so right to leave now. Why?" After suffering through 5 hot summers, last year I finally stopped complaining and decided to follow Elder Wirthlin's advice to "Come what may and love it." We struggled through the first stages of owning our own business and now it is thriving! We have the perfect home that is all we could ever need. We have family close and incredible friends. One of the owners at The Biggest Loser Resort asked Kwinten, "With all we have going on with NBC, WHY are you walking away now?"

We don't know. It sounds crazy and no one understands, least of all us, but we KNOW it is right. I am sad, very sad to say goodbye to what we have "grown" there-- deep roots-- but it feels so undeniably right, right enough that I am willing to leave not knowing why.

We didn't know why the Lord prepared the way for us to move to St. George in the first place, but now we do. So, we take the first step to Heber now, not knowing why, but knowing that we will.

3 comments:

The Pin-Head Post said...

Even though we don't really see you any more as it is, we will miss you! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story!

just dandee said...

Welcome back. We have sure missed you.

Jessica said...

I saw a car in your driveway this morning, and wondered if you already have someone staying there? FYI- STOP BY WHEN YOU VISIT ST. GEORGE!
My blog is mjdahlquist@blogspot.com it is private so the next time I get on I will try to remember to send you an invite.