Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This Thanksgiving was a happy, almost week long event for the Kemp Family. We went to St. George this year, to celebrate the holiday at Kwint's sister's home. His parents and Great-Aunt Marie also came down. We had planned on driving down on Wednesday morning, but on Monday we watched the 5 o'clock weather report, which promised a blizzard for Tuesday and Wednesday. When we heard the weatherman say driving conditions would be treacherous and dangerous we decided to head down that night. It was either Monday night or not at all! Kwint worked all day on Tuesday doing phone and Skype sessions, and then the party started.

While he worked the boys and I went to Walmart to buy everything I forgot in our hasty departure. They embarrassed me for a full 40 minutes by chanting, in unison, at the top of their lungs "CHEESEBALLS...ha ha ha! CHEESEBALLS...ha ha ha! CHEESEBALLS... ha ha ha!" I have never been so stared at! People were either glaring at me, laughing at them, or shaking their heads in disgust. I am sure the whole store could hear, no matter where they went.

That afternoon we visited a few friends in the neighborhood. It felt so good to see everyone! I wish I could have seen more friends, but the family stuff started and we got crazy busy. It made me realize just how homesick I have been. Then I saw a cockroach in the bathroom and I remembered how much I love Heber.

Kaeleb missed the big Thanksgiving party at school on Tuesday, and was DEVASTATED. It was a Pow Wow with Indians and Pilgrims. So, on Wednesday, after a full day of shopping, we had our own Pow Wow. Everyone pitched in to help make it special for Kaeleb. We made colorful Indian necklaces...
Headresses...

Bows and arrows...
Bonnets...
And ate rotisserie chicken & spice cake, which seemed appropriate for the Pow Wow without being the same as what we would have on Thursday.
It was super fun. Grandma made a big map with a story drawn on it of two Indian brothers who went on a Turkey hunt to save their people from starvation and earned their true names (as pictured above). She is so creative and really made this a fun night for the boys.

Thursday we enjoyed our feast at Tam's. I thought the table was so beautiful that I had to get a picture of it before we spilled juice and gravy all over it.
These guys were excited to eat, as were we all.
Our wonderful Pa and Ma... We love them so!
We watched a lot of movies during the rest of the weekend, including Megamind at the theater on Thanksgiving, which was so funny!! Kaeleb laughed so hard that most people were laughing more at him than they were at the movie. We also did a little more shopping before heading home on Saturday.

Now the blur that is December begins.....

1 comment:

JR and Brynn said...

Gina!! Your fam pics are so sweet. We sure miss you guys, but I love checking in on your blog and seeing how you are doing. Hope your holidays are really great.